Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Living Room, Day 1.




Started on the living room today...ugh. What a slog. It is the most difficult room, because mom refuses to acknowledge that much of the furniture and the empty bookcase and the never-used wood stove could be classified as junk. She only thinks of spare papers as junk. At least I "cleaned up" (by which I mean, restacked) a few piles of magazines we've been stepping over repeatedly, we filled up a bag of stuff to go to good will, and I took 2 old sewing machines up to her bedroom and a box of textbooks up to my brother's room. Took all the junky kitsch off the mantle peice, trying to figure out what is her sentimental junk and what is nice enough to put back up. Empty and organize, empty and organize. Currently waiting for my dad to get home to ok us switching out the coffee table for the nicer one that's been sitting on the porch. Exhausted. This room is going to take a long, long time. As least mom has finally decided I'm on her side now.

1 comment:

  1. It is exhausting, isn't it? I don't know how anyone does it with their hoarder still there. Mine is in a nursing home and so not living here at the hoard-house, and it's still emotionally just awful.

    Excellent blog, and I LOVE the title. When I get around to adding a bloglist on my sidebar, you're totally going on it! :)

    ReplyDelete